The #2021APPAM Fall Research Conference will feature some fantastic sponsors from across the policy research spectrum. Today we're shining a spotlight on the NYU Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
What types of programs does your school offer?
• Master of Public Administration in Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
• Master of Public Administration in Health Policy & Management
• Master of Urban Planning
• Master of Health Administration (Online)
• Master of Science in Public Policy
• Executive Master of Public Administration – Public Service Leaders
• Executive Master of Public Administration – Global Policy Leaders
• Executive Master of Public Administration – Nurse Leaders
• PhD in Public Administration
What would you list as your school's greatest accomplishments in the last 5-10 years?
• Starting on our Online MHA Program
• Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced that NYU Wagner has received a $25 million gift for the Georgina and Charlotte Bloomberg Public Service Fellowship Program from Bloomberg Philanthropies. This is a transformative gift that will provide a unique curriculum, scholarships, paid internships, cohort development, and mentorships to the next generation of public service leaders.
• NYU Wagner will launch a new pre-doctoral research program – the Pre-Doctoral Program in Policy – in partnership with a consortium of leading policy schools, including NYU (Wagner), University of California - Berkeley (Goldman), University of Chicago (Harris), and University of Michigan (Ford). The innovative pilot program seeks to expand and broaden research assistantship and faculty mentorship opportunities for exceptional policy school master’s degree program graduates from a diverse set of experiences with the interest in and aptitude for academic research careers in public policy.
• Wagner’s Vote 2020 program. In the months leading up to the 2020 election and the ensuing senate run-off elections in Georgia, the NYU Wagner VOTE 2020 team, comprised of Wagner SEAD faculty and student co-directors, encouraged the NYU community to take an active role in protecting and upholding our democracy, including supporting 32 voter engagement fellowships, encouraging 145 members of the Wagner community to join the Motivote platform, and writing 525 letters to swing states.
Why should potential students choose your school or program?
NYU's Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service prepares public service leaders to translate ideas into actions that have an effective and lasting impact on the public good. We provide our students with critical skills, access to all that New York City has to offer, and a deep understanding of context surrounding public service challenges—which they use to improve cities and communities across the globe.Since 1938, NYU Wagner has been educating the world’s future public service leaders.
If you are hiring, what makes your school a great place to work?
Our faculty’s research changes the way people frame, understand, and act on important public issues.
What is your undergraduate/graduate divide?
Wagner is a graduate school.
What is an interesting, unique, or fun fact about your school?
NYU Wagner is named for Robert F. Wagner, 102nd Mayor of New York City (from 1954 - 1965). We remain deeply connect to mayors through our partnership with the U.S. Conference of Mayors. Together, we host a biannual institute for mayors to learn from each other and other NYU experts.