2015 Fall Research Conference: The Golden Age of Evidence-Based Policy
November 12 - 14, 2015
Proposal Submission Information
The proposal submission period is closed! No extensions will be issued.
We are soliciting abstracts for (1) individual papers to be integrated into panels, (2) panels made up of 3-4 papers, (3) roundtables, and (4) posters. Abstracts for individual papers and posters should be no longer than 500 words; if a panel of papers is proposed there should be a summary of each paper plus an overarching description of the panel and its importance. Descriptions for roundtables should also be no longer than 500 words, plus a listing of participants and a summary of their contributions.
Individuals may only serve as a presenting author on one panel throughout the conference, though they may serve in other roles multiple times.
2015 Policy Areas:
- Crime and Drugs
- Employment and Training Programs
- Family and Child Policy
- Health Policy
- Housing and Community Development
- Impact of Politics on the Policy Process
- Natural Resource Security, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Population and Migration Issues
- Poverty and Income Policy
- Public and Nonprofit Management and Finance
- Science and Technology
- Social Equity
- Tools of Analysis: Methods, Data, Informatics, and Research Design
Descriptions of these area can be found here.
How to Submit a Proposal
Please use the following link to access the submission page. For specific instructions on the submission process, please download the necessary pdf as shown below. The proposal submission period is closed!
Panel - Panels include 3-4 papers. A chair and at least one, and a maximum of two discussants are are required.
Roundtable - Roundtables are not paper dependent, but rather features speakers who will discuss a topic from varying perspectives and draw the audience into a discussion on the topic, Roundtable proposals should include no more than 4 speakers plus a moderator.
Poster - Poster submissions are single paper proposals that are presented in a poster format. Presenters will be asked to discuss their work and answer questions during each poster session. A first, second, and third pace winner will be selected from the presenters each day.
Single Paper Listing
If you are interested in submitting a panel but need additional papers to complete your proposal, we invite you to review the Single Paper Listing. This listing includes the policy area and abstracts for each single paper submitted for inclusion in the 2015 Fall Research Conference.
Help Ensure Your Submission is Accepted!
Here are a few tips to submitting a successful proposal:
- Exemplify a Range of Perspectives and Methodologies
- Consider the diversity of your proposal participants with regards to geography, race, ethnicity.
- Include Practitioners as Much as Possible
- No panel should include more than one presenting author from the same organizational affiliation. When possible, consider adding practitioners from both the government and private sectors.
- Ensure All Participants are Aware of the Proposal
- Before submitting, please ensure the participation of each presenter listed in the proposal. If you need additional presenters or papers, consult the Single Paper Listing Resource regularly.
Important Dates to Remember
|Submission Acceptance Opens
|Submission Acceptance Closes (no extension)
|Accept/Reject Notifications Sent
|Speaker Confirmation Due
|2015 Fall Research Conference
Use this handy set of links to go directly to the info you need; if you have any questions about registration, the conference, or anything else related to our annual event, you can check out the FAQ page or contact Tristanne Staudt.
General Conference Information
Schedule at a Glance
Frequently Asked Questions
Single Paper Listing
For additional assistance with submission or conference inquiries, please contact Tristanne Staudt at email@example.com.