2019 Dependent Care
Family Resources at #2019APPAM
November 7 - 9, 2019 | Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel | Denver, Colorado
APPAM is excited to offer both new and continued opportunities to support our conference attendees and their families. These amenities are intended to make conference participation easier for parents and legal guardians, both at home and at the conference.
Dependent Care Grants - New in 2019!
APPAM is pleased to announce that it will be offering registered attendees the opportunity to apply for dependent care grants. Grants, of up $400, are available for attendees of the APPAM Fall Research Conference who have child or dependent care obligations. Grants are limited to one per family. They will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis with preference given to APPAM members who are full-time students and/or have received their terminal degree in the last 10 years. Grants are available only to paid conference registrants.
• Dependent care expenses at the site of the meeting.
• Extra dependent care expenses incurred at home because the attendee was at the meeting.
• Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver and/or dependent to the meeting location.
• Regular dependent care expenses.
• Travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting. (e.g. meeting registration, travel, or other expenses attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting.
• Tickets to local amenities (museums, amusement parks, etc.)
• Care expenses for pets.
The grant application period is now closed. All reimbursement checks will be sent the week following the conference.
APPAM's Dependent Care Grants are intended to support conference registrants whether their needs are to provide for children or dependents at home or to provide for them onsite at the conference.
As in prior years, a Mother's Room will be available onsite at the conference to accommodate the needs of nursing mothers and their infants. The room can be accessed by conference registrants on a first come, first serve basis for times. Nursing mothers simply need to come to the registration desk when they need the room to obtain the key. Power and refrigerator will be available in the room.
Have questions or general feedback about dependent care at the conference? Please share them with Tristanne Staudt! She and all other APPAM staff are eager to make this year's Fall Research Conference as accommodating for parents, guardians and their dependents as possible.