Are you an Institutional Member Representative? It’s time to nominate your best students for the APPAM Policy Council. When the APPAM bylaws were amended in 2013, two seats for student members of APPAM were created on the Policy Council. The two seats are staggered and one of the current two students members will complete her term and rotate off the Policy Council at the end of the year. APPAM is looking for a new student to join the Board for a two year term (2021 - 2022).
The student member will be appointed by APPAM President, Sherry Glied, and the Chair of the Committee of Institutional Representatives, Alison Jacknowitz.
If you have/had a student in one of your programs that you would like to nominate for this position, please send one letter of recommendation and a CV/resume to Tara Sheehan, by December 31, 2020. The letter should be from a professor in the program but need not be from the institutional representative.
- The student needs to be a current student member in good standing of APPAM.
- They need to be a student at the time of appointment but not necessarily throughout their entire 2 year term.
- They will be a full voting member of the Policy Council upon appointment.
- Travel costs and lodging for all Policy Council meetings are taken care of by APPAM. The student is expected to attend all Policy Council meetings in person.
- Only current institutional members are able to nominate students.
- The appointee will be chosen by mid to late January and will be announced in conjunction with the rest of the Policy Council election results.
APPAM created a Student Activities Committee (SAC) in 2015, assembled from nominees to the Policy Council. While these committee members are not on the Board, they are an integral part of all our student activities and play a big role in determining student programming at the Fall Conference, the content for Student Brown Bag events and other student activities. Please consider nominating your best students (or asking one of your professors for a nomination) for both of these positions. You do not need to indicate nominees for each position, we will select the Student Activities Committee members from the pool of nominees for the Board seat.
Questions or concerns, feel free to email email@example.com.