The #2022APPAM Fall Research Conference will feature some fantastic sponsors from across the policy research spectrum. Today we're shining a spotlight on NERA Economic Consulting.
What is the mission of your organization?
NERA's core purpose is to provide clear and credible expert analyses that have an impact on important decisions through the application of microeconomics and related disciplines. NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For more than six decades, we have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world’s leading law firms and corporations.
What are your strongest areas of work?
While economics is at our core, we employ a multidisciplinary approach that includes the use of statistics, econometrics, game theory, mathematics, and computer science to apply economics to challenging issues faced by our clients in a number of areas, including securities and finance, energy, transfer pricing, environment, antitrust, and intellectual property.
If you are hiring, what makes your organization a great place to work?
Defined by collegiality and expertise, we are a teams-driven firm committed to integrity, excellence, innovation and diversity. NERA leaders are fully accessible, welcoming your questions and fresh ideas. With a reputation built on trust, your team members rely on and support each other to ensure high-caliber work and efficiency that allows you to manage both your work and personal life. We're life-long learners who push the standards of excellence and maintain uncompromising independence.
- Integrity & Excellence: Because of our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, we are widely recognized for our values and independence. Our clients come to us expecting integrity and the unvarnished truth.
- Meritocracy & Personal Growth: Our training and professional development programs will expose you to new opportunities and ensure that you achieve the professional goals to which you aspire.
- Innovation & Creativity: Our insights often build upon learning gained in academia, business, government, and enforcement agencies. With this experience comes a dedicated and creative approach to economic analysis.
- Teamwork & Collegiality: From around the world, we bring together our individual skills, perspectives, and experiences to provide insightful and practical economic solutions for our clients.
- Diversity & Inclusion: The diversity of our global staff is recognized as an important resource. There are a host of employee networks available throughout the Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Is there any other information that you'd like us to highlight in your Spotlight?
NERA experts come from a variety of professional backgrounds—including academia, government regulatory agencies accounting, and law—bringing with them distinctive ideas, perspectives, and expertise. Our network of offices all over the world results in a global collaboration of seasoned experts providing insightful and practical economic solutions for our clients. Members of our staff represent a broad range of countries, cultures, professional experiences, academic backgrounds, interests, and beliefs. Our culture is one of collaboration, teamwork, development, and a hands-on approach to consulting.