Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship
APPAM Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship for PhD Students
Nominations for the 2022 award are now closed. Applications for 2023 will open in Spring 2023.
APPAM is offering the annual fellowship program for six PhD students who are interested in studying entrepreneurship and policy. The voices of entrepreneurs are indispensably important during the policy making process and we want to encourage students who are focusing on this vital sector of society. APPAM, with support from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, will offer classes for students to explore the relationship between public policy and the entrepreneurial environment. Topics covered will include how public policies affect the business environment and economics and how program structures and frameworks can and should take the entrepreneurial perspective into account.
The fellowship will also include honoraria for students who are currently engaged in entrepreneurship research or intend to start a project soon.
- Currently enrolled in a policy PhD program
- Studying entrepreneurship or interested in studying entrepreneurship
- Must be able to attend the 2022 APPAM Fall Research Conference, November 17 - 19, 2022, in Washington, DC
All Fellows Receive:
- Honoraria to support current (or about to begin) entrepreneurship research
- Virtual and in person classes on policy and entrepreneurship
- Travel and lodging to attend the APPAM Fall Conference for in person classes
- Access to a mentorship network of students and faculty focused on entrepreneurship and policy
APPAM Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship Faculty
View the inaugural 2021 Cohort here.