Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship
APPAM Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship for PhD Students
APPAM is offering a new annual fellowship program for five PhD students who are interested in studying entrepreneurship and policy. The voices of entrepreneurs are indispensably important during the policy making process and we want to encourage students who are focusing on this vital sector of society. APPAM, with support from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, will offer classes for students to explore the relationship between public policy and the entrepreneurial environment. Topics covered will include how public policies affect the business environment and economics and how program structures and frameworks can and should take the entrepreneurial perspective into account.
The fellowship will also include honoraria for students who are currently engaged in entrepreneurship research or intend to start a project soon.
- Honoraria to support current (or about to begin) entrepreneurship research
- Virtual and in person classes on policy and entrepreneurship
- Travel to APPAM Fall Conference for in person classes
- Access to a mentorship network of students and faculty focused on entrepreneurship and policy
Congratulations to the 2021 Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship Students!
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Arizona State University
Colorado State University
Pardee RAND Graduate School
University of Texas at Dallas
APPAM Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship Faculty
The four faculty members will create and teach the curriculum across three classes in March 2022 at #2021APPAM in Austin, Texas. Students will have the opportunity to learn from these experts about topics such as how public policies affect the business environment and economics and how program structures and frameworks can and should take the entrepreneurial perspective into account.
Faculty will receive:
- Honoraria for curriculum creation and virtual and in person teaching
- Funding to cover travel, lodging and incidentals for in person class at the APPAM Fall Research Conference in Austin in November 2021
Congratulations to the 2021 Entrepreneurship Policy Fellowship Faculty!
Virginia Commonwealth University
Georgia State University
Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis
University of Baltimore