Equity & Inclusion Young Professional Fellowship Application
The 2024 Equity & Inclusion Fellowship supports the travel and participation of students from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds at our 2024 Fall Research Conference in National Harbor, MD. While at the conference, the fellowship recipients will have the opportunity to formally network with each other and with members of the Policy Council and Diversity Committee at a Fellowship Luncheon recognizing them and their accomplishments.
Fellowship recipients will also have many opportunities to informally network with other students and engage in mentoring activities with professionals during the conference. The goal of this fellowship program is to introduce recipients to the world of public policy and APPAM, and foster a lifelong affiliation and engagement with both.
- Young professional (within five years of receiving PhD or Masters i.e. 2018 and after)
- Current PhD students that have received their Masters are not eligible to apply. Applicants cannot be current part-time or full-time students unless they will have graduated by the time of the conference.
- Must be able to attend the 2023 Annual Fall Research Conference, November 9-11, 2023, in Atlanta, GA in-person
- Applicants must be must be underrepresented or marginalized communities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., disabled individuals, racial or ethnic minorities, LGBTQI individuals, etc) as indicated in the demographic information section of this application.
Applications for the 2024 Equity & Inclusion Fellowship must include the following:
- Completed application
- CV or resume
- Letter of recommendation/support from an employer
Applications Open Spring 2024
All Equity and Inclusion Fellows will receive:
- 2024 Annual Fall Research Conference Registration Fee
- A scholarship in the amount of $1000 to offset costs of transportation (air and ground) as well as meals during the conference
- Two nights' accommodations at the Gaylord National Harbor in National Harbor, MD. (November 21-13, 2024)
- A meet and greet celebration luncheon for 2023 APPAM Student Fellowship featuring an exciting keynote speaker (Friday)
- A Thursday afternoon meet-and-greet for past and present fellows
For more information about the 2023 Equity & Inclusion Fellowship, please contact Leslie Ofori.