2022 APPAM Pre-Conference Workshop Request for Proposals
November 17- 19, 2022 | Washington Hilton | Washington D.C.
The proposal window has closed. Proposal were due to the APPAM office no later than Thursday, July 28, 2022.
Back to the Main Conference Page
Request for Proposals
APPAM is pleased to welcome back pre-conference workshops at the 2022 APPAM Fall Research Conference: Advancing Policy Research with Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives, taking place in Washington D.C. November 17 - 19, 2022.
We invite all APPAM Institutional Members to submit a workshop proposal on an emerging policy area or topic of interest such as methodology, management topics, or timely research. More information and submission suggestions can be found below:
- The topic does not have to correspond with the overall Fall Research Conference theme.
- Proposals are encouraged to be original in design, include speakers from a variety of organizations, and attract a broad audience of about 150 participants.
- Proposed workshops may take any format including, but not limited to, hands-on demonstrations or seminar style sessions.
- Examples of past pre-conference workshops included big data, microsimulation models, and policy engagement.
- Pre-Conference Workshop organizers must be an APPAM Institutional Member.
- Proposals will be reviewed by APPAM leadership and the APPAM Meetings Committee.
Time and Location
A half-day event on Wednesday, November 16, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm US Eastern Time. The workshop will be held at the Washington Hilton in Washington DC, the Fall Conference host hotel.
The workshop must fit within the available meeting space. There will be one large general session room and two smaller breakout rooms available for use.
Meals and Refreshments
All workshop attendees will receive lunch and one coffee break during the event.
Costs and Logistics
APPAM will cover all costs and handle all the logistics associated with the workshop. We will charge an additional registration fee for this workshop, apart from our Fall Research Conference registration fee. Your organization will be noted as the organizer of the workshop, but if you would like to have additional branding, including logo recognition, sponsorships are available.
All proposals are due to the APPAM office no later than Thursday, July 28, 2022.
Questions about the proposals should be directed to Samantha Oliver Thomason at firstname.lastname@example.org.