Family Resources at #2023APPAM
November 9 - 11, 2023 | Hyatt Regency| Atlanta, GA
APPAM is excited to offer opportunities to support our conference attendees and their families. These amenities are intended to make conference participation easier for parents and legal guardians and other caregivers providing support to dependents, both at home and at the conference. Applicants must be paid, in-person registrants for the 2023 APPAM Fall Research Conference prior to their application being approved. All reimbursement checks will be sent in the week following the conference.
All dependent care grant funds have been utilized.
New applications are closed as of October 10, 2023.
Dependent Care Grants
APPAM is pleased to once again offer registered attendees the opportunity to apply for dependent care grants. Grants, of up to $400, are available for attendees of the APPAM Fall Research Conference who have child or dependent care obligations. Grant funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis with preference given to APPAM members who are full-time students and/or have received their terminal degree in the last 10 years.
• Dependent care expenses at the site of the meeting.
• Extra dependent care expenses incurred at home because the attendee was at the meeting.
• Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver and/or dependent to the meeting location.
Expenses Not Allowed:
• Regular dependent care expenses.
• Travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting. (e.g. meeting registration, travel, or other expenses attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting.
• Tickets to local amenities (museums, amusement parks, etc.)
• Care expenses for pets.
APPAM's Dependent Care Grants are intended to support conference registrants whether their needs are to provide for children or dependents at home or to provide for them onsite at the conference.
As in prior years, a Lactation Lounge will be available onsite at the conference to accommodate the needs of caregivers and their infants. The room can be accessed by conference registrants on a first come, first served basis. Caregivers simply need to come to the registration desk when they need the room to obtain the key. Power and refrigerator will be available in the room.
Have questions or feedback about dependent care at the conference? Please share them with Leslie Ofori, email@example.com. We are eager to make this year's Fall Conference as accommodating for parents, guardians and their dependents as possible.