#2023APPAM Fall Research Conference Late Breaking Submissions
Late-Breaking Roundtable Sessions
We are now accepting submissions for Late-Breaking Roundtables to present at the 2023 Annual Fall Research Conference. To qualify for presentation as a Late-Breaking Roundtable, the submitted session should be on timely policy-related research topics that have arisen since submissions closed on April 12, 2023.
Roundtables do not include papers, but rather feature speakers who will discuss a topic from varying perspectives and draw the audience into a discussion on the topic. Roundtable proposals should include up to four speakers plus a moderator. The moderator cannot be a speaker in the same session.
Late-breaking roundtables cannot be a revision of a paper, panel, workshop, or roundtable submission that was rejected during the original submission period.
Please note that only a limited number of late-breaking roundtables will be accepted.
Specific Submission Criteria:
- Late-breaking roundtables must not be a revision of a paper, panel, workshop, or roundtable submission that was rejected during the original submission period.
- Roundtables are not paper submissions. Submissions that are just abstract text will not be considered.
- Each roundtable must have one moderator and 2- 4 speakers.
- Roundtable submissions must be on timely topics/research findings that have emerged since April 12, 2023.
- You will be required to answer the question, “Why is this session considered late breaking?”
- All roundtable participants must be confirmed at the time of submission, place holder participants with the same speakers listed will not be accepted.
- All roundtable participants, including speakers and the moderator must register for the conference. No presenter discounts will be given.
Examples of late breaking submission topics:
- Medicaid coverage at end of Public Health Emergency
- Work requirements in Medicaid
- Next steps on student loan forgiveness
- Prospects of election administration in 2024
- Assessing the environmental impact of the Inflation Reduction Act
- What comes after affirmative action in college admissions
Submission and Review Dates:
||Submissions & Call for Reviewers Open
||Submissions & Call for Reviewers Close
|September 28 - October 11
||Notices Sent & Added to Program
Interested in serving as a reviewer? Sign up by September 27!
Questions about the conference should continue to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.