The Association for Public Policy Analysis (APPAM) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving public policy and management by fostering excellence in research, analysis, and education. APPAM has over 4,000 academic, practitioner, organizational, student, and institutional members.
APPAM promotes its mission through the following activities:
- APPAM Fall Research Conference hosts over 300 sessions, 2,500 attendees, and dozens of exhibitors and sponsors every November.
- Journal of Policy Analysis and Management (JPAM), a peer-reviewed multidisciplinary journal that publishes the highest quality research on public policy and management. Based on the 2015 Reuters ISI two and five-year impact factors, JPAM is ranked among the top three journals of public administration. In 2015, there were 265,315 JPAM article downloads and articles received over 10,000 unique monthly visitors.
- A dedication in all activities to respecting and enhancing racial, ethnic, gender, disciplinary, and other forms of diversity among participants in all the Association's activities including the annual APPAM Equity & Inclusion Fellowship.
- Initiatives that include and foster participation in the Association among students interested in public policy and management including Public Policy Camps, student networking sessions, and more.
- Robust, quarterly webinars and podcasts hosted by policy experts and members.
The APPAM website is a great way to strengthen your presence and maximize exposure. Make your product or program known to APPAM members and non-members. The website is a key source of information for public policy professionals and students. From public policy news, membership information, career opportunities and events, the APPAM website is a prime spot to keep your message in front of public policy professionals. APPAM.org averaged over 13,000 views/month in 2016. Website traffic has increased by an average of 10% annually.
An ad placement map, referencing the below ad sizes, can be found here.
|Website Specs and Rates
|Vertical Left Rail*
||215 x 375
|Vertical Skyscraper Left Rail*
||215 x 600
||700 x 104
|Home Page Bottom
||988 x 147
|Home Page Slideshow
(rotates in 10 second intervals)
|1800 x 650
*Placement on public policy news page, events page, and
one additional targeted page (dependent on client).
Back to top
APPAM Update Newsletters
The APPAM Update email newsletters are delivered every month through Constant Contact, APPAM’s email marketing service. The Update is to all 4,000+ APPAM members. Increase your organization’s exposure by advertising in these targeted email newsletters.
Ads run in-line with the newsletter content. We do require a three month commitment, with the option to bill each month individually. You will be sent a report on the email statistics.
|Update Email Specs and Rates
||560 x 200
APPAM Blast Emails
APPAM regularly sends out emails to its membership and prospective member list (about 12,500 recipients) promoting its events, services and other important information. These are sent out 2 – 4 times a month and are separate from the APPAM Update newsletter. Include your organization’s advertisement in one of these emails and expand your reach.
Ads run in-line with the blast email content. This option only requires a one month commitment. You will be sent a report on the email statistics.
|Blast Email Specs and Rates
|All current, prospective and complimentary members
||560 x 200
||2 – 4/month
For questions regarding email advertising, please email email@example.com.
Back to top
Ad Specs and Deadlines
Ads should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
They should be in .jpg or .gif format. Ads must be submitted in the coloring and sizing specific to the ad placement requirements. Ads will not be recolored or resized after submission. For web-based ad sizes, please review the sizing chart under the “Website Advertising Rates” section of this document. An ad placement map, can be found here.
Art files for website, Update newsletter, and blast email ads should be sent no later than one week before the 1st of the month in which ad will run.
Back to top
APPAM Mailing Lists
APPAM has two mailing lists that members or approved third parties may rent for one-time use to send materials via regular mail. Please note that APPAM never provides email addresses to third parties under any circumstances.
- APPAM Individual Members: The total number of persons on this list fluctuates through the year between 2000 and 2500 members.
- APPAM Institutional Representatives: Each institutional member of APPAM designates a representative to act as the official liaison with APPAM. At this time there are approximately 100 representatives located mostly in the United States.
Eligible Uses for the APPAM Mailing Lists
APPAM will only provide lists for purposes that comply with the association's mission to "improve public policy and management by fostering excellence in research, analysis and education." Purposes that meet this criterion include announcements of research publications and publication of educational materials for the field, announcements about new educational programs, grant announcements, conference announcements and calls for proposals, and news of organizational activities that the APPAM office determines would be of general interest to the requested list.
All list rental is for one-time use only and lists must be destroyed after that one use. APPAM will not provide lists to organizations that sell services unrelated to the direct practice of research, analysis or education in the field, nor will APPAM provide lists to organizations that resell lists to other parties.
The APPAM Individual Members mailing list is available to members for a rental fee of $300. This list may be rented by non-members at the rate of $550. These fees do not depend on the number of addresses on the list. All lists are provided in electronic format according the specifications of the request. APPAM does not print labels or use other print formats for lists. Please note, the lists do not include email addresses.
Pending the approval of information to be mailed, the APPAM Institutional Representatives mailing list may be provided to members free of charge. This list is not available to non-members.
Download and email/fax the fillable PDF forms for the Mailing List Rental and Mailing List Agreement.
Back to top
Questions? Please email email@example.com.