Are you an Institutional Member Representative? It’s time to nominate your best students for the APPAM Policy Council. When the APPAM bylaws were amended in 2013, two seats for student members of APPAM were created on the Policy Council. The two seats are staggered and one of the current two students members will complete their term and rotate off the Policy Council at the end of the year. APPAM is looking for a new student to join the Board for a two year term (2023 - 2024).
The student member will be appointed by APPAM President, Christopher (Kitt) Carpenter, and the Chair of the Committee of Institutional Representatives, Heather Campbell.
If you have/had a student in one of your programs that you would like to nominate for this position, please send one letter of recommendation and a CV/resume to Tara Sheehan, by December 31, 2022. The letter should be from a professor in the program but need not be from the institutional representative.
- The student needs to be a current student member in good standing of APPAM.
- They need to be a student at the time of appointment but not necessarily throughout their entire 2 year term.
- They will be a full voting member of the Policy Council upon appointment.
- Travel costs and lodging for all Policy Council meetings are taken care of by APPAM. The student is expected to attend all Policy Council meetings in person.
- Only current institutional members are able to nominate students.
- The appointee will be chosen by mid to late January and will be announced in conjunction with the rest of the Policy Council election results.
Aside from serving on the Policy Council, student nominees have the opportunity to serve on the Student Activities Committee (SAC). This Committee was assembled in 2015 and fulfills an important role in student programming at the Annual Fall Research Conference. SAC is responsible for reviewing student research papers and posters, helping to host the annual APPAM Professional Development webinar series, contributing to APPAM podcasts and supporting other student activities. Please consider nominating your best students for these positions. There is no need to indicate nominees for each position as we select the SAC members from the pool of nominees.
Questions or concerns, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.