Equity & Inclusion Student Fellowship Application
The 2023 Equity & Inclusion Fellowship will support the travel and participation of 40 students from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds at the 2023 Annual Fall Research Conference, November 9-11, 2023 in Atlanta, Georgia. While at the conference, the fellowship recipients will have the opportunity to formally network with each other and with members of the Policy Council and Diversity Committee at a Fellowship Luncheon recognizing them and their accomplishments.
Fellowship recipients will also have many opportunities to informally network with other students and engage in mentoring activities with professionals during the conference. The goal of this fellowship program is to introduce recipients to the world of public policy and APPAM, and foster a lifelong affiliation and engagement with both.
- PhD or Master's students enrolled in a policy-related program at an institution of higher education.
- Must be a student at the time of the conference. Students that graduate before the 2023 APPAM Fall Conference are not eligible to apply.
- Must be able to attend the 2023 APPAM Fall Research Conference, November 9-11, 2023 in Atlanta, GA in-person.
- Applicants must be must be underrepresented or marginalized communities and/or individuals whose background or life circumstances indicate they have overcome substantial obstacles (e.g., disabled individuals, racial or ethnic minorities, LGBTQI individuals, etc) as indicated in the demographic information section of this application.
Applications for the 2023 Equity & Inclusion Fellowship must include the following:
- Completed application
- CV or resume
- Letter of recommendation/support from a professor
All Equity and Inclusion Fellows will receive:
- 2023 Annual Fall Research Conference Registration Fee
- A scholarship in the amount of $599 to offset costs of transportation (air and ground) as well as meals during the conference
- Two nights' accommodations at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, GA. (November 9-11, 2023)
- A meet and greet celebration luncheon for 2023 APPAM Student Fellowship featuring an exciting keynote speaker (Friday)
- A Thursday afternoon meet-and-greet for past and present fellows
- Opportunity to join APPAM's Mentor Match program. This program matches student members with professional members to connect one-on-one regarding professional development topics. This will be available only to students that indicate that they want mentorship.
For more information about the 2023 Equity & Inclusion Fellowship, please contact Leslie Ofori.