2015 Fall Research Conference
APPAM 2015 Fall Research Conference:
The Golden Age of Evidence-Based Policy
Thank you to everyone who attended the APPAM Fall Conference last week in Miami, FL. It was the biggest conference in the history of APPAM, with 1,950 attendees. Research was presented in 284 concurrent sessions/roundtables, 300 poster presentations, 16 caucus sessions, 3 symposia, a Spencer Award Lecture, a Presidential Address and a pre-conference workshop on Big Data. 31 exhibitors, 21 sponsors and countless receptions and networking opportunities rounded out the 4 day conference. A huge thank you to our President Elect (now President!) Ron Haskins for creating the theme on which all the sessions were based and our Program Committee for reviewing countless papers, assembling panels and finding chairs and discussants.
A special thank you to our social media partner, American University, for covering the conference so expertly. Weren't able to go to #2015APPAM or missed something while you were there? We have you covered.
Social Media, Video Interviews and General Coverage
Poster Session Winner Videos
- Thursday, November 12: 1st place: Patricia Ritter, University of Chicago and 2nd place: Sara Shaw, University of Delaware and 3rd place: Jen Shen, Duke University
- Friday, November 13: 1st place: Robert Francis and Elizabeth Talbert, Johns Hopkins University and 2nd place: Tori Rockwell, University of Missouri and 3rd place: Amy Finnegan, Duke University
- Saturday, November 14: 1st place, 2nd place: Christine Baker-Smith, New York University, 3rd place: Xiaotao Ran, University of California, Irvine
Streamed Sessions: Videos and Slides
If you registered for the streaming sessions before the conference, you have access to the on-demand video through your registration. If you did not register but would like to access the video, you need to register first. Registration for all three sessions below can be found here.
- Lunch Symposium: Using Experiments for Evidence-Based Policy: Lessons from the Private Sector
- Thursday, 11/12 Symposium: Adding a Pillar to Evidence Based Management: Combining Evaluation with Operational Feedback
- Friday, 11/13 Symposium: Can Preschool Programs Implemented on a Broad Scale Lasting Impacts?
The Grant Writing Process - Presentation Slides